Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Surprising Myself...

I have spent the last two days in total right-brain-zone-out mode, which has been nice. I stayed up til 1 am last night, and then Jas had off today, so he took the kids out all day so I could focus and I've finished sewing the nursery basics: bumpers, crib skirt, window treatment and changing pad cover (which has a total last minute thing). I must say, I have completely impressed myself. Maybe it was the new sewing machine, or maybe God wanted me to have a good day: but everything came together without a hitch, and I even figured out how to make the pad cover without a pattern. All of this was cut out and cleaned up with a pair of child-sized school scissors by the way, and yes, my hand hurts like hell. BUT I'M SO HAPPY!!! Baby-land is coming together... I need a crib sheet obvisously, and a few more odds and ends, but slowly but surely, its almost finished.



I have found a new doctor, who I will be seeing next Wednesday- hope she's nice. I have heard nothing but awesome things about the hospital where I am delivering, so that has put my mind at ease too... I'll keep everyone posted on MJ's new birthday.

Funny Note- Overheard Yesterday Morning:
Jas (In a very serious voice): "Olivia, seriously, you can't listen to Hannah Montana anymore, the girl can't even spell "go"! "
(They were playing in Olivia's room and listening to Hannah Montana's song "Girls Night Out", where the lyrics are "Lets go- It's G.N.O!"- She's not spelling "go" she's saying the initials for "Girls Night Out"!...I was peeing my pants laughing at him! Especially when he came out here and told me all about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hannah Montana story had Chuck and I laughing. That is funny!! As far as the baby, I think the nesting has settled in....don't you think?? Great job!
_Jen

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful- I'm so proud of you! With the ruffle and everything. I like the new crib, as well. Good job, Sissy.
Super Cute, should be in a magazine, as always.

Don't forget the lock high up on the door! (Flashing back to you and Trav...)I would put NOTHING past Mr. Genius Bubs.