Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Agony and The Extacy

So! Olivia woke up yesterday morning and asked me if she could get her ears pierced- totally out of the blue! I told her it was fine with me, but she had to ask Jason too. I hear her in our room saying, "Daddy, I need to talk to you about something serious." HA! Well, he came out laughing, and said it was fine with him too. So, we ran errands all morning and then we had Claire's as our last stop. She was skipping and so excited.. until they had her sit in the chair. She got so still and quiet, I got nervous, and poor Granna had to walk away. The lady that did the piercing needed to brush up on her warm-fussiness, but she did an excellent job. I was SO SURE that after the first one was in that O would change her mind- but she didn't even flinch! BUT when the lady was done with both ears Olivia just sat here- frozen. I asked her if she was okay and she just made this face:

And then I asked if she was happy she had gotten them pierced she made this face:

So I was totally confused! We went and got frappicinos right away, which makes everything better- she finally admitted that her ears were really hurting, but by the time we got home she had perked up and literally wanted to clean her ears every 5 minutes! The weird Jas/ Olivia connection: When we got home I saw that he had texted me asking if she had really got them done at the EXACT time she was having them pierced! CRAZY! When he got home and saw her, he turned to me and said, " I wouldn't have said yes if I thought she'd really go through with it." HA! I think she looks cute (but big!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't stand it- this makes me almost cry, because she looks so big and grown-up. But so cute.
"I wouldn't have said yes if I thought she'd really do it!" ROFL.

Still in mode- Dad is being really helpful, doing the dishes and laundry for me. This is way harder than "Forum" b/c of all the costume changes. But I will triumph! Thank goodness Sarah has practically moved back in, to be the Voice of Reason...

The twins made a drink run and brought me back a liter bottle of Coke, don't know what they were thinking. 'Get on her good side" maybe.

Tell O I'm proud of her for being so brave and that she looks very pretty.

No gift for Bubs, okay? Just college money in the bank?

Love, mom

The Saras Family said...

too funny!