Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Quarantined Christmas


We here at the Yarbrough 5 believe in giving and sharing.

Only problem is that we seemed to have missed the mark this year because the only thing we have been giving and sharing with each other is the DAMN stomach flu.

There is nothing more miserable.
Nothing more awful. Nothing that makes me want to buy stock in Clorox more because Lord knows I've used 2 bottles of Clorox Clean-Up, one whole bottle of Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface (which I LOVE!!)- I even wiped down the leather sofas with Clorox Cleaning Wipes (we''ll see if that ruins them... But I am desperate!!!)

I have bought everyone new toothbrushes, their own bottles of hand sanitizer. I have washed everyone's sheets in HOT-twice. I have assigned everyone their own towel to dry their hands on after using copious amounts of anti-bacterial soap. I have sprayed, wiped down, and cleaned every door handle, every faucet, every light fixture, every remote, EVERY SURFACE of this house. But still it spreads. I'm sure I'll be crying by the end of the day.
So Merry Christmas to us.
We will be here.
At home.
Together, yet alone.
Not giving and sharing with our family and friends.
You're welcome.

(WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!)

4 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry your fam has the flu!
I can handle a cold anyday, but the flu, ICK!! I hope you all get feeling better before christmas day.

Oh and your kiddies are SOOOOO STINKING CUTE! :)

Merry Christmas

4Hoffman's said...

Oh Anne! Sorry you are all sick! That sucks! Hope all of you are well SOON!

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you tons, but
I'm so proud of you for not being 'that family' (you know what I'm talking about...)
Feel better soon!
love, mom

The Saras Family said...

you poor thing!
Our house has been sick too...but not the stomach. yuck!
Feel better and merry christmas!