Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's okay, I finally stopped crying around 6 pm...


So...Jas was home this morning before work, Olivia had Ashton over and Bubs was (shocker) watching B.T.B., and I decided to go get my haircut. There are SO many cute mommies out here with adorable hair and I was tired of schlepping around town with my hair in a poof on top of my head (a.k.a. no style whatsoever). I went into a nice salon up the road and had a big talk with the guy about what I wanted, what lengh, how I have a TON of hair, blah, blah, blah. I was thinking sort of like Ni's when she first got it cut- a slanty bob basically. Yea...not so much. It was really great looking until he started layering it, which in my hair's case means making it into a mushroom! All of the chic slanty-ness of it went out the window and Dorothy Hamill flew back in. DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!!! Why can't I EVER get the haircut I want???? Why do I ALWAYS spend 3 months waiting for it to get to where I can stand it??? I seriously had a meltdown- especially when Jas said the dreaded sentence, "I just have to get used to it." Which is code for "What the hell have you done???" Great. I am hoping that it will have fallen, straightened, something by the time I have to see any of yall again. Nice. And don't ask for pictures, because you won't get them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.
I feel bad that I didn't give you the 'Never cut your hair when highly pregnant, because you will hate it' lecture. It just never works out.
But this too shall pass.

I loved it that Little Boy called our house and then handed you the phone: "Talk to Mimi". Genius.

Anonymous said...

Start rocking the Nicole Richie cute scarf in the hair trend.............

Machiavelli's Daughter said...

I'm so sorry. At least you didn't attack it with scissors and make it worse like I did the last time. Now that was tear-inducing.

Free Art Printables said...

Oh Anne, you have cracked me up and scared me all at the same time! I am glad it is finally growing out...