The kids have three windows in their room that go almost all the way to the floor, but since MJ's bed runs in front of one and a half of them, roman-shade-ish window treatments look best. When I bought the cowboy print I also picked up some basic blue chambry and some additional red and white gingham. I thought it looked a little cheap, but one I washed it it plumped up a bit. I made piping with the gingham, and sewed the chambry doubled up, since I knew I would be rolling it up and wanted a clean look on both side. I made the ties (all 12 of them-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!) our of the gingham and voila! Cute roll-up shades. They are hung on the tension rods tucked up under the window casing.
(don't worry, I untwisted the tie on the right)
I'll update the progress as it occurs, until I'm off to