Sunday, October 26, 2008

What A Lovely Day...

(I just wrote that title only to hear Luke start screaming from his room, "I want to watch Tomenjewry!!!!!" Ah, isn't bedtime lovely?.... Now its: "I want to wake uuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppp!!!"... I'm channeling Super Nanny.)

Okay, well, anyway! The rest of the day was SO NICE. I guess we haven't had a nice, peaceful, yet fun filled day in such a long time this is quite a shock to me. I woke up this morning, got ready and went off to have coffee with Dianna while Jas stayed with the kids. Then he went off to play in a golf tournament and the kids and I spent the day together playing outside, playing trains in Luke's room, having lunch and watching Enchanted and then a napping. (Except for O, who just kept me company in my bed.) I had told Olivia that I had picked up a treat to do after nap time and it was making her so nutty, that I have a sneaking suspicion that she woke Luke up because the suspense was killing her. Ha! But that was okay...

We all come downstairs and I told them to wait at the table while I ran out to the car. (Hold on. He's up again. I am trying the Super Nanny Technique #21 where you just put them back in the bed and not say anything to them- no eye contact either. Okay, I'm back.) I brought in 3 big pumpkins for them (and me!) to paint. WE HAD A BLAST! I put on a little Jason Mraz, and we all painted together for almost an hour. It took Luke about 15 minites before paint was all over his hands, but he loved it! Olivia is like me, very quiet and introspective when she paints, I loved watching her serious face as she thought out every little detail. They turned out so nice and are now sitting on the front porch for all to see. The kids then went out to play, I cleaned up the kitchen and checked my email, folded some laundry and Jas called to say he was on his way home with dinner! So nice. We had a great dinner together, did our Sunshines and Rainclouds where the pumpkin painting was the highlight of every one's day, and the Raincloud of Jas' because he missed out. We bathed everyone, Jas did story time tonight so I could just sit in peace for a minute and Wha La!: The end of a great day. Its so nice to get getting our little family's groove back. Here's to many more lovely days to come in our new place. (Luke's asleep now. Thank God.)





No comments: