Saturday, March 21, 2009

But its so cute...

So, I finished something completely adorable the other day, and I think I have come to grips with the fact that I have a serious craft-addiction problem. I can't just leave well enough alone. I realized this as I was getting high from inhaling the Modge Podge fumes and specks of dust caused by distressed-initiated sanding. But I couldn't stop. I bought this precious little wooden step-stool today at Michael's with my coveted 40% coupon. I got it home and painted it with my new all time favorite color of blue, Martha's Vineyard. I freaked out anytime Luke went near it let it dry really well and then spent the remainder of the afternoon trying to come up with the perfect image to decoupage on the top of the step. Then while eating dinner and watching, My Dog Skip, it came to me: It had to be a Boston Terrier, like Luke's beloved Romo! I then spent about an hour scouring the Internet to find just the right vintage style image, as I knew I would be distressing the whole thing and it all needed to "flow". I took the cutest one I found and printed it out and decoupaged it to the top. Once the decoupage was dry, I then sanded the whole stool to make it look like some little boy had drug it around, roughing it all up some 60 years ago. Then I dry brushed white paint all over to add to the aged look even more. I waited for that to dry, and then sealed the whole thing- smiling all the while because I think it turned out so stinkin' cute. Twelve hours of work later and I just love, love, love it! It turned out exactly how I wanted it.

Too bad it is the step stool for Luke to use to get up on the potty and will probably be peed on in the next 24 hours. Sigh.

(notice that the bathmat is missing...wonder what happened there... my point exactly... :)

2 comments:

4Hoffman's said...

That is SUPER cute! You are so darn creative!

Sal said...

That is PSC! (Pretty Stinkin' Cute)

His aim will improve.
mom